homeaboutcontactdisclosure

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pure Ice "Over You" Swatch and Review

Hi everyone!

My blog has been lacking some sparkle lately, but luckily I have Pure Ice "Over You" to save the day!

I'll admit, it's been a really long time since I've picked up any shade from this brand.

However, I couldn't help but notice not one, but two gigantic displays at Walmart featuring an incredible amount of new shades! I know a lot of the new shades have been out for a couple of months, but I'm in the outskirts of Georgia where boot and gun polish reigns over nail polish. 
My locations are always late to the party.


Out of all the beauties I saw, somehow I restrained myself into only purchasing one (which I now regret...I want more!)


This is "Over You," a densely packed mix of lavender fine glitter and turquoise bars and hexes in a clear base.

Pure Ice "Over You"

This polish sparkles no matter what lighting you're in. The turquoise kind of steals the show, so if you really want to bring out the lavender dust I recommend using one coat over a really dark base such as a grey, black or dark purple.


The formula was surprisingly incredible. It goes on very smooth, with no balding. I did notice a glob or two of the turquoise glitter wanting to clump together when I immediately applied it to the nail, but it only took a single stroke to spread it out. This really didn't even require much dabbing either. The glitter is incredibly dense so it's extremely difficult to not have an even application.


Pure Ice "Over You"

The best part? This is two coats with NO undies! Yup, a great budget glitter bomb that's self-sustaining. 
It's also a pretty unique combo for a drugstore price polish.


Pure Ice "Over You"

I have seriously underestimated Pure Ice polishes. 

Either that or they've made major improvements since my last purchase. I used to think the colors were dated-looking and looked cheap and thin on the nail, but this one proved me wrong.
I really love it and hope to scoop up more soon!

Want it for yourself? 
You can find this shade and the entire Pure Ice line at Walmart stores for just under $2.




What do you think of this glistening glitter?
Have you tried any of the new Pure Ice shades?


Let me know in the comments below and recommend your favorite on my Facebook and Twitter pages!

Thanks for reading!

-Melody



***Product in this post were purchased by me.


4 comments:

  1. So sparkly and pretty! I need to get some Pure Ice polishes now since I've heard such great things about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazing!! The photographs are so nice too, you really captured the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing this right now as part of a jelly sandwich mani! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these are amazing, best glitter I have seen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...